Confused? Is Bluehost right web hosting for you or not?
I can understand your point of worrying about whether you should choose Bluehost or not because there are plenty of mixed Bluehost reviews available on the internet.
Bluehost is popular. Even very popular. Is this because Bluehost is user-friendly, low-priced, and secure.
Are those the only reasons?
As you’ll soon find out in this honest Bluehost review.
It has been over 3 years, I have been Bluehost regular customer and collected information, pros. and cons. of their services, that I will be sharing here to help you determine whether or not Bluehost is the right hosting solution for your needs.
- Bluehost Review
- 1: About Bluehost
- 2: Performance and Speed Test
- 3: Pros. and Cons. of Bluehost
- 4: Hosting plans and pricing
- 5: Money back guarantee
- 6: Customer support
- 7: Discount & Coupons
- 8: Conclusion: Do we recommend Bluehost hosting?
In this honest Bluehost review I will cover the following objective metrics:
- About Bluehost
- Performance & Speed Test
- Pros. and Cons.
- Hosting Plans and Pricing
- Money Back Guarantee
- Customer Support
- Discount Coupons
1: About Bluehost
“Bluehost is my first choice when it comes to choosing WordPress Hosting. As they are providing a wide variety of hosting plans for beginners to larger businesses with 24/7 customer support.”
Bluehost was founded in 1996 by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth in Provo. They have a staff of 750 people working around the clock.
Now Bluehost powers over 2 million websites/blogs all over the web and an official WordPress recommended hosting provider.
Is that make sense, how much suitable for WordPress websites?
Sounds nice ha……..?
Being with Bluehost, no need to worry about downtime, as their powerful servers can easily handle a lot of traffic even your site hosted on a shared hosting plan.
The best fact is, they are offering a 50% discount to HarpreetKumar readers including a free Com domain +free SSL + free site builder with hundreds of premium templates for free.
2: Performance and Speed Test
You may know or not, but Google already cleared, they are also going to include website performance for determining your search rankings and this is the most important metric you should never miss right now.
Over time, Bluehost also optimized their servers to provide better to best performance. Let’s see how fast, your website will be loading when hosted on Bluehost.
Speed test with Pingdom tool.
Here is a speed check screenshot was taken from Pingdom tool.
Note: We had created a demo WordPress website using Bluehost hosting. It had default Twenty Seventeen theme and sample content and images for checking Bluehost performance using Pingdom speed test tool.
Above screenshot clears, how fast site loads in between 1 to 2 seconds.
Recent, studies show that one-second drop in website speed can decrease your conversion rate by 7% – 12% and 2 to 3-second delay can cost you approx 50% of your total traffic. But being hosted with Bluehost, there is nothing to worry about website load speed and performance.
3: Pros. and Cons. of Bluehost
Every coin has two sides and same as with Bluehost. Here, we are providing you with transparent pros. and cons. of Bluehost which statistically relevant data and quantifiable metrics to determine the quality of a good web host.
According to a couple of previous year’s data, we have collected the pros. of using Bluehost’s hosting services.
Pros. of Bluehost
- Bluehost is the official recommended hosting by WordPress
- Beginners and startup bloggers can easily afford their hosting plans
- They power millions of websites with minimum downtime.
- You can enable two-factor authentication with your Bluehost account.
- They’ve built the entire site with token account validation.
- There are no hidden fees when signing up for your account. The billing page is as transparent as glass.
- You get a free domain name for 1 year when you signup with Bluehost.
- They mainly focused on to make WordPress installation easy with one click install tool.
- It is awarded #1 hosting for WordPress by WordPress.org since 2005
- Integrated Cpanel with all industry features.
- Better security and virus free environment.
- Affordable cloud hosting with solid performance/reliability.
- Well-optimized hosting packaged for WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Offering free integrated SSL certificates for eCommerce websites and blogs.
- 24×7 customer support makes it more reliable to invest money.
- Numerous add-ons available, Spam experts such as G Suite, SiteLock, etc. included.
- 30 days money back guarantee.
Cons. of Bluehost
- Their basic plans will allow hosting a single website
- Weebly website builder is not user-friendly
- Most of their performance and reliability scores are the est on shared hosting plans
- Domain renewal pricing is too high
- Don’t provide free migration like Hostgator
4: Hosting plans and pricing
Bluehost offering different types of web hosting plans and pricing their pros. & cons. are listed below:
Shared hosting is a common type of hosting which suitable for small business and blogs because it’s the price is as low as to start a new blog.
I’ve negotiated with Bluehost to give huge discount shared hosting for my readers and they offer 50% discount (no coupon code required) when you sign up using my discounted link here.
- Best for beginners to start a blog or online business
- Too easy to handle thus no need coding knowledge to manage
- Lower prices which everyone can easily buy
- You will be provided user-friendly Cpanal. Where you can easily to start WordPress blog with simple clicks.
- Not good security level
- Limited resources
- Many times the site may freeze when traffic loads
- Most of the popular hosting providers don’t provide reliable technical support
2: Cloud Web Hosting
Cloud hosting is the next level to shared hosting, in which site speed boosts 2× (double). It’s fast because the hardware resources virtually availability. For developing blogs and websites, cloud hosting is the best option to move on.
Pros. of Cloud hosting
- Suitable for growing websites and online business
- Better performance and uptime time than shared hosting plans
- Automatic website backup service included
- Faster speed
Cons. of Cloud hosting
- More costly than shared hosting
- The site may freeze when it comes to traffic load
- Not best package for beginner and startups
3: VPS Hosting
The word VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. It is a virtual machine that resides on a server with other virtual machines in which you have your own operating system installation.
As a result, you have much greater control over system configuration and management. You can install programs and applications that are unsupported or not allowed on shared hosting and cloud hosting plans accounts.
Pros. of VPS hosting
- Best package for high-end traffic blogs and websites
- Better performance and speed than Cloud and Shared hosting plans
- 100% control on your hosting management
- Flexibility to upgrade memory and bandwidth anytime
- Advanced security and privacy provided
Cons. of VPS hosting
- Again, not the best option for starting a new website where shared hosting comes at affordable prices.
- You should have mastery in technical knowledge to manage VPS hosting properly
4: Dedicated Hosting
A dedicated server hosting plan means that your website or blog is the only site hosted on the respective server.
A dedicated server is usually needed for a Web site (or that generates traffic in millions daily. For example, Flipkart and Amazon websites using dedicated hosting to handle tons of visits.
Pro. of Dedicated hosting
- Premium security control
- More flexibility on management
- More stable than rest of hosting packages
- The most affordable solution to handle traffic for biggest brands such as Amazon and Flipkart
Cons. of Dedicated hosting
- The prices are so high in comparison to other hosting plans
- You can’t manage with having technical knowledge
- You are responsible for any problem creates inside your program. Wherever you can fix yourself or hire a technician at higher rates.
5: Money back guarantee
Bluehost covers its plans with a 30-day money back guarantee, which means, if you cancel within 30 days you receive a full refund on your hosting service only.
Remember, the money back guarantee does not apply to most add-on products, such as domains, given the unique nature of their costs.
Read my personal experienced, how I got to refund back within 10 minutes.
6: Customer support
Bluehost offers a 24/7 support system where you can talk to their customer support representatives using live chat or via phone call.
But, honestly, their support response times aren’t that impressive a customer need. Usually, it took from around 20 minutes to 5 hours (in case of support tickets). The first response has been an auto-generated response in quite a few cases.
Apart from this, they have maintained a huge list of knowledge-based articles and video tutorials for beginners to fix normal issues.
7: Discount & Coupons
I love discounts and coupons and I know, you too right?
Because, we all know, saving money is also earning money.
Yes, Bluehost offers, 40% discount for new signups but I negotiated with them to increase discount as I sending them hundreds of customers each month. Hopefully, they accepted and increased the discount to 50%.
Sign up for Bluehost using this magic link to get 50% off on your bill
8: Conclusion: Do we recommend Bluehost hosting?
In short, YES, we do………!
Bluehost offers a wide range of hosting plans with tons of features that help you easily build your website. It stands on 1st position uptime and reliability (next to HostGator).
In last, if you just dive in blogging, buying hosting from Bluehost will a right decision you make, where you can easily upgrade your hosting plan anytime if your traffic increases.